Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
Our doctors and veterinary technicians will help your pet to remain calm during the X-ray process using low-stress handling techniques for a clear and thorough diagnostic outcome. All of our radiographs (X-rays) are taken using digital radiology to produce better quality images when compared to traditional film radiographs. X-rays are extremely useful for diagnosing medical problems including tumors, foreign bodies, fractures, hip dysplasia, and any arthritic changes in joints & bones. X-rays will also pinpoint specific organs where a problem is occurring including Gastrointestinal problems, bladder stones, heart disease, and lung disease.
Benefits of Digital Equipment
- Exposure to radiation is greatly reduced for your pet as fewer images are needed.
- Fewer radiographs and no time is needed for film development which means less time for your pet on the x-ray table.
- Images can be directly sent to a specialist by email. This allows faster response time to your pet’s health issue.
- After an X-ray is taken the image can be enhanced and contrasted to further eliminate the need for further X-rays.
- Our doctors have instant access to your pet’s radiographs. Images appear on a computer screen within 4 seconds. This saves critical time in an emergency situation.
Ultrasound is a non-invasive, non-painful diagnostic method to evaluate your pet with easy preparation of simply shaving the fur. The ultrasound procedure is performed without anesthesia, sedation, withholding food, or withholding water in preparation for the test. Ultrasound is an effective tool to assess the heart, major blood vessels, liver, spleen, urinary bladder, and other organ systems. Ultrasound can also be used during a pet’s pregnancy to determine the health status of the babies.
If necessary after the appointment, our doctors will provide a report to your regular veterinarian with the details of the procedure. The report will assist your doctor to compare the findings to your pet’s health history and current condition to manage your pet’s care moving forward.
Ultrasound diagnostics are available at our location by appointment only.